Friday, June 25, 2010

Planner

Today I am a Planner. I have laid out many plans for an upcoming family trip. I have plans for my day on my to-do list. But we know what they said about the "best laid plans".  As much as I think I can be in control of the future by making lists and plans, it doesn't always work out that way. "Letting go and Letting God" is much more difficult than it sounds.

Why the need to be in control? Fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of surprise, you get the picture. So to counteract, I plan. Planning is okay as long as we remember that God is ultimately in control. "Fear not, for I am with you; fear not, do not be afraid." (I know that is scripture but I love it in the kid's song!)

Worry leads to stress, stress leads to a wealth of other problems. It is okay to be conscientious about life, but not to fret over it. What will happen will happen. We have choices to make, and hope that we have made the right ones. If not, we learn from them. No need to worry. "Angels watching over me, every step I take"-Amy Grant :0)

So I won't worry about my pets, or my house while we are gone. I won't worry if we packed enough clothes (they do have these places called laundry-mats). I won't worry how long each day's drive will be-we have GPS, maps, and 24 hours each day. I won't worry about being cooped up in a car for 6-8 hours daily. I will enjoy this wonderful country we live in. I will enjoy the company of my family. I will relax. I will be grateful.

So today as I go about executing my plans, I will remember to "Let Go and and Let God" be in control. There is no fate, just God's plan in motion. So I plan to go-let's move people!

No comments: