Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pinster

It's Summertime! We work all school year long to get to these few precious days. So in my family, we are bound and determined not to waste them! These days of scheduled and unscheduled fun, mystery and memories. My sister started the summer off by planning themed-weekly activities. That's what happens when you are in a family of educators!! Sports week, cooking week, drama week. Kids are having a ball!


Following her lead, we created a family "bucket list" for the summer. What are we going to do, go, try, explore??? A day at the beach, going to the public library, trying three new recipes a week, having "unplugged" days, trying new family fitness activities...there's not a minute to lose.


What inspired us? This new phenomenon of Pinterest. Yes, this is a shameless plug. And I'll admit it...I am a Pinster. Here, people from all over the world share wonderful recipes, activities, projects, favorites, things we love, and we pin, pin, pin!! The old days of clipping activities from magazines and attaching them to the fridge with a magnet are gone in this digital age. With a quick "click" I have saved what I see on my digital corkboard. Yes, there is much that I would love to have, to own. But I have learned that there is also so much inspiration and words of wisdom. Activities to create memories for family and friends. Encouragement for and from others. 


What's been refreshing has been the quantity of Spiritual Pins. God is everywhere on the internet!! Even in the places where we covet pretty gardens, or amazingly beautifully decorated homes, God's word and scripture "Pop Up" and are posted, some with lovely graphics, or others in simple phrases and scripture, to remind us HE is Ever Present!! Everywhere. At all times. God is with us. Even in those secret places.


These messages, these pins, remind me that I should NOT long for what others have...but for what He has given. What we have, the ultimate gift of His Son, is more than we could ever earn. It's a gift. We don't have to pin it, save it for a rainy day, wish or long for it. He is there, waiting for us. And when we accept it, humbly and graciously~we are blessed...eternally. I rejoice that other Pinsters like me seek and share that message. Still going...still growing. :-)


So off I go - to get off the internet, join the kiddos, and appreciate the day God gave us.


"This is the day that the Lord has made...Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"


Now go enjoy this day :-)
~Susan



No comments: